37.5 hours per week (there may be some additional out of hours required)
£25,000 – £29,000 per annum (depending on experience and qualification level). Appointment will be subject to a six-month probationary period.
Annual leave: 22 days plus Bank Holidays per annum with increases dependent on length of service.
Do you want to be part of a unique Community where people live, work, learn and celebrate life together?
Camphill Milton Keynes Communities is a charity providing unique person centred support, based on a modern view of the Camphill movement, for adults with learning disabilities and autistic spectrum condition, as well as a number of people living in the Milton Keynes area who have a learning disability.
To support the Facilities Manager in maintaining and improving an effective and safe working/living environment for employees, residents and visitors. To support the Facilities Manager in maintaining a safe and compliant community vehicle fleet.
- Carry out periodic site inspections and identify maintenance work and report any major defects or areas of concern.
- Respond to fault reports, carrying out minor repairs.
- Carry out work according to policy and procedures, legislative requirements and within the annual maintenance plan.
- supervise external contractors where required.
- Carry out or commission approved and planned maintenance work such as painting and decorating.
- Monitor contractor performance and work closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- Perform basic electrical (visual) checks and determine when a qualified electrician is required.
- Undertake minor plumbing repairs as necessary engaging suitably skilled and certified plumber as necessary.
- Coordinate and assist with departmental, employee and resident moves.
- Dismantle and install furniture.
- Ensure that routine procedures such as gritting and snow clearing are carried out in car parks and on footpaths as and when necessary.
- Perform immediate cleaning duties necessary to maintain clean facility.
- Assist with implementing health and safety in the work place, assisting with issues including fire safety, security systems.
- Assist with accident investigation and dealing with any material causes within the facilities.
- Maintain records of repairs and health and safety checks on the company electronic systems.
- Report back to the Facilities Manager on any processes required to assist with KPI’s.
- Inspect equipment and machinery.
- Organise the safe disposal of faulty and damaged equipment.
- Comply with CMKC policies and procedures and code of practice.
- Assist managing the community fleet and making the available for repairs/servicing and legal requirements.
- Assist with setting up events and community activities.
- Carry out cleaning tasks such as carpet cleaning, steam cleaning, pressure washing, visits to local recycling centre.
- Attend emergency call outs.
- Carry out supervision roles of the Facilities Assistant & General cleaning operative.
- Any other reasonable management request.
Staff training and personal development:
- Participate in supervision and staff appraisal.
- Attend staff meetings when required.
- Participate in on-going in-house and external professional and personal development activities.
- Flexible approach to work as this role may include some out of hours emergency call outs – time off will be given in these instances.
- Build a professional working relationship with residents, colleagues and relevant professionals.
- Promote equality of opportunity, a respect for diversity and anti-discriminatory practice.
- Represent CMKC in a positive and professional manner.
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality at all times.
- Adhere to all CMKC policy and procedure.
- To participate in trainings, meetings, personal development.
- Where required and authorised, to drive the company vehicles and to participate in ensuring the upkeep and maintenance of any such vehicles.
- To work in accordance with CMKC mission statement and statement of values.
- Undertake any other ad hoc and reasonable duties that may be required from time to time.
The above list of duties is indicative only and not exhaustive. The post holder is expected to carry out all such duties as are reasonably commensurate with the role.
The most important thing is a caring attitude, genuine interest in people and willingness to work in accordance with our Mission and Vision Statement.
Why Join Us?:
- We are keen on staff development! We offer excellent professional and career development and training opportunities, including professional qualifications.
- We promote a diverse, friendly and high-quality working environment.
- We offer the opportunity to work amongst a team of dedicated, creative and supportive colleagues.
- We provide a fully paid DBS, generous holiday and work pension scheme.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, then please apply by submitting your CV and a short supporting statement, outlining:
“What is it about working with us in this position that interests you and what skills, experience and values can you bring”?
Please Note: we review applications frequently and interviews will take place shortly after we shortlist them. If we feel we have received a sufficient number of applications, we reserve the right to close the advert early. Don’t hesitate and apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer that promotes diversity within our workforce and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of sexual orientation, race, age, gender, disability, religion or belief.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check and eligibility to work in the UK.
Registered Charity 283556